Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Black-eyed peas aren’t peas, but beans. And coffee beans aren’t beans, but seeds.

My life right now is pretty alright. I definitely feel like I'm in an in-between stage, so to speak. I feel like that's what most of life is though, there's usually not some huge momentous occasion or transformation happening. I'm just living, and isn't that what really makes life great? When someone gives the advice that we should all appreciate the little things, I think what they really mean, is that most of life is not a dramatic movie, it's just a pleasant, quiet day filled with wahtever you want, and if you don't like that, you probably won't like life.

I finished my schoolwork for this week just a couple of hours ago, and now I've got to complete the welcome home banner for the sub that my friend jimmy is on. His wife commissioned the piece and I'll be selling prints of the work to different wives in the sub wives committee. It's a nice opportunity for me. Right this second though, I'm able to relax. Every week of school a little bit of weight is lifted from my shoulders, and I wonder if this feeling will carry on into freelance work. Somehow I doubt it. I don't think any work will be quite as intense and frustrating as schoolwork for the Academy of Art. II am looking forward to graduation as well. It's been a long, difficult ride.

In other news, I've been having some trouble with my next door neighbor. To make a long story short, it turns out she's completely nuts lol. If I could explain her actions i would but I honestly can't. She's been making noise complaints about us despite two conversations where she said she'd just tell me if there was a problem. Perhaps I'll write another entry specifically about her, but getting into it feels a bit redundant, since I've been talking about it a lot lately. She made another complaint, and it got the police involved. This got joe's command involved, which means we can't ignore her anymore. We'll be going to court with her since she's accused my husband of harassment, and there's a chance this may not end well for her. There's a slim chance, if she continues this, taht she could get evicted. I honestly nope not, I would never wish that on anyone, but I can't really see another solution. Ideally I could just talk to her and open communications again so that if there is a noise problem she could just ask me to turn it down, but she's told me she would and then called the police before, so I'm not really sure what to dhtink. I'm starting to wonder if she's so bored she just wants to get me evicted. I've really just left it at the fact that she's a crazy fucking bitch, buecause no other explanation really fits.

I've recently watched Food, Inc. which has made me think about what I'm buying in the grocery store. Unlike most people who watch the movie, I'm actually thinking about what the movie lied about, not how amazingly true it is automatically. This too, may have to be for another journal specifically for the topic. It turns out a lot of things in the documentary are exaggerated, a specific company the movie dogs on is not quite as evil as it's made out to be (although it does produce soybean oil which is terrible for you, but that doesn't make the company terrible. I think mcdonalds is terrible for you but I don't hate the company.) The main thing I'd like to research is whether I can buy local food here, non organic or organic I don't care, and whether certain meat companies really are inhumane, because that is important to me. I'll always eat meat, mostly fish, and I want to find out just how the companies I buy from treat their animals. It really doesn't take much effort to create a humane environment, epecially for chikens since they're kind of dumb.

So that's what's gong on with me. I suppose I should eat and then go to bed, it's been a very very long week.

No comments:

Post a Comment